One of our primary goals of every project is Layered Security. As we develop a solution, we ensure that the network, the server, and finally the web application comply with, and in many cases, exceed industry best practices.
There are many providers of functional solutions out there, but when the requirements call for a secure implementation, the field of providers narrows greatly-we proudly consider ourselves to be in that narrowed group.
NetShapers® Frontdoor Firewall
We supply network security services using our NetShapers FrontDoor Firewall. It is a fully customizable stateful firewall using technologies such as Network Address Translation, Transparent HTTP proxy, DHCP, and Virtual Private Networking including "roamer" access. It is designed to be an all-inclusive Network Security tool to help us manage the network security of small to mid-size businesses. We manage the box remotely, so there is no need for you or your staff to worry about keeping your network secure-we take care of it for you.
FrontDoor Firewall Features:
The FrontDoor Firewall product differentiates itself from its every major competitor by being the only true customized solution. It was developed and tested over the course of two years to become a toolbox of network security features. This toolbox then allows us to build up a network defense system from scratch with a default deny all rule, therefore, we only open up the ports we use, instead of starting off with an initially open configuration and closing off ports that we do not use. Following the rule of Security through Obscurity, which states that a system’s popularity is directly proportional to its network security vulnerability, our system’s level of penetrability is next to 0%, since our system is customized down to the OS level for nearly each installation.
- Quadruple pass-through rule processing – any traffic going in/out of the firewall is evaluated four distinct times against four distinct rule sets, which allows a greater level of granular control within a network
- Full stateful packet filter operation, including statefulness support for the ICMP and UDP protocols (allows for a wider range of network cloaking options)
- "Smart" NAT (Network Address Translation) – conditional bi-directional NAT adds yet another layer of security to the system by masquerading IP addresses
- Transparent HTTP proxy – allows for specific control of web-based content available to your employees
- Denial Of Service protection – custom code within the OS slows down the packet response rate to suspected hosts, therefore preventing the attack from causing link saturation
- Digital Certificate based Secure Remote Management interface – allows for quicker response times and lower maintenance costs
- Guaranteed 4 hour response times on "network-down" emergencies, maximum 4 hour response times on others (usually less than 15 minutes)
- Industry Standard IPSEC compliant VPN module – with encryption key strengths of up to 2048 bits, and support for the latest encryption algorithms, including Blowfish and Rjandel, cracking the code becomes a next to impossible task.
- Roaming Dialup Client VPN capabilities – as log as the user has access to the internet, a secure VPN connection can be established with the main office.
Sourcefire Enterprise Solutions
We are also the reseller of the best-of-class Sourcefire enterprise products for Louisiana and surrounding areas.
Key Sourcefire IPS Capabilities:
- Industry-standard Snort IPS detection engine
- Dynamic Snort ruleset offering protection from constantly-evolving vulnerabilities
- Open rules language - view, edit, and create
- Inline IPS and passive IDS modes
- Reports, alerts, and dashboards
- Multiple default IPS policies
- Third-party integration APIs
- Packet-level forensics
- Sophisticated, customizable workflows
- LDAP and RADIUS support
- Plug-n-Protect features
- High availability features
Network Security Consulting
The advances in modern technology and business communication yield new and potentially devastating threats. How vital is the protection of your company's information assets? Our experts can evaluate the critical areas of your organization and help you find practical ways to enable your business and secure your information systems.
Remote VPN Access
With our Frontdoor Firewall, we can provide powerful and convenient remote access to your network. Your key employees can work securely from anywhere, anytime, with the security policies you define.
Website Security Testing
As more and more businesses and organizations utilize the Internet for business and commercial transactions, getting information out to their clients or organizing work-flows, attackers are focusing on web applications and websites to penetrate security controls and steal confidential data.
What NetShapers can do for your business is ensure that there are no security holes in your website or web application. We do this by using a process developed internally to test all possibilities to make sure that your companies online presence remains pristine. Our security team has years of experience testing security problems and then resolving the issue.
What makes us different from any company offering security work, is that we offer to fix the issue and help resolve any lingering issues or practices that may cause this to return in the future.